July 11, 2016
If you’re a healthcare provider and you see and bill for Medicare patients, there are numerous changes coming over the next two years for how you will be paid. Not knowing the new rules could cost you. A lot. So what can you do? Glad you’re curious. PrivaPlan will present invaluable information on this very topic in a live webcast, “MACRA + MIPS, Education and Action Planning,” on Wednesday, July 20, noon to 2pm, MST.
You’re invited to register and join David Ginsberg, CEO of PrivaPlan Associates, Inc., as he addresses the not-so-distant future of Medicare payment reform, which will go into effect January 1, 2017. For some background, here’s what’s been going on that affects you:
• On April 15, 2015, Congress and President Obama approved one of the most significant bills in the history of U.S. healthcare reform: Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 201 (MACRA), which repeals the Medicare Part B Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) reimbursement formula and replaces it with a new pay-for-performance program: the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).
• The Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for MIPS and APM under MACRA was published to the Federal Register in May of this year.
• The MIPS Final Rule must be released by November 2016.
“With all these changes, you’ve got to have the education to know how to bill properly,” says David. In our webcast, he’ll give an overview of MACRA/MIPS and answer these questions:
• What are the possible meaningful use objectives?
• What are the strategies for upgrading or replacing your EHR, especially if your current system is dysfunctional?
• What is the future of HIPAA Compliance?
“To ensure that you have the right planning and will not have penalties or lose out on incentives, you should participate in this webcast,” says David.
Sign up by Friday, July 15, and receive $30 off the $249 registration fee with this earlybird code: GETTHEWORM. PrivaPlan members and subscribers pay just $199 through July 19.
For more information about this opportunity or other services PrivaPlan provides, contact our HIPAA experts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-218-7707.