What is Data Governance?
In today’s business landscape, data is an incredibly valuable asset. To effectively manage and leverage this data, every business requires data governance.Leverage your organization and data with a data governance framework. Data governance allows you to proactively mitigate risk while increasing your data’s productivity.
Data Governance is essential for managing data throughout its lifecycle. To have an inclusive data governance plan, there must be internal standards and policies for data handling, including gathering, storing, processing, sharing, and disposing of data.
In a rapidly evolving digital environment, privacy and security risks continue to emerge. Organizations that build a data governance framework proactively mitigate risk while increasing their productivity and ability to manage and analyze data.
Data Governance and Healthcare
When it comes to healthcare organizations, the data of patients’ personal, health, and financial information needs to be protected in ways that uphold the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
With so many digital assets to manage and maintain, healthcare organizations and their business associates are challenged with data governance, data classification, criticality, and security. This challenge is a call to action for them to embrace the role of data stewardship.
PrivaPlan’s All-Inclusive Solution
Data can be complex, but data governance and stewardship doesn’t have to be. PrivaPlan Associates are here to usher you through the process. We create a data governance infrastructure customized for your organizational needs and size while fostering a collaborative approach.
Our Data Governance program is not just for healthcare and health plans. We extend our expertise to a diverse range of business sectors looking to benefit from comprehensive data governance and stewardship.
What’s included in our Data Governance Program
- Build a data governance framework
- Locate data classification and criticality programs
- Identify ownership and operational requirements of data
- Keep regulatory requirements in check
- Assist with vendor management
- Develop an ecosystem for data, including digital asset and metadata review
- Identify and assist in assigning the operationalizing of roles and ownership between
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Officials
- Corporate Privacy Officers
- Corporate Compliance Officers
Specific to healthcare organizations:
- Identify and analyze potential risks to ePHI
- Map out who has access to what applications and data to identify how that access is being used
The benefits you acquire from our assessment include:
- A formal structure for data management
- Spotlight on opportunities for improvements
- Gain insights into regulatory requirements
- Data governance literacy and training
- Education for all members of the organization about the importance of data governance and how it relates to their roles
Discover how PrivaPlan can impact your commitment to Data Governance. Call to speak with our associates today!